Author Spotlight: Nico S. Adams
Nico S. Adams has a very fulfilling and peaceful life. She is a wife and a mom to one son. Nico always influences others to live a positive life and encourages them to follow their dreams. Growing up she had a happy childhood, she has one brother and grew up around many aunts, uncles and cousins. By day she works as a Director of Operations and is a Project Management professional.
“Follow your mind, be creative and never give up on your dreams.”
This next author’s journey began all because of some trouble with raccoons in her neighborhood LOL! It’s the everyday things that make the best stories.
Let’s get right to it.
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
Nico S. Adams has a very fulfilling and peaceful life. She is a wife and a mom to one son. Nico always influences others to live a positive life and encourages them to follow their dreams. Growing up she had a happy childhood, she has one brother and grew up around many aunts, uncles, and cousins. By day she works as a Director of Operations and is a Project Management professional. She has been called the Dr. of Operations because she always makes things flow better. Writing allows Nico to break free from real life and bring dreams to reality. It allows her to help make the world smile, if it is only for a brief moment.
2. Tell us what your series, The RaKKoon Gang, is all about.
The RaKKoon Gang series is about a crew of RaKKoons who love to terrorize the neighborhood’s trash cans, try different foods, and explore different cities. This series also features a young boy whose ultimate goal is to purge the neighborhood of the RaKKoon Gang.
3. What was the inspiration for this series? This idea essentially came about because of the raccoons in my neighborhood, and the experiences that friends and family have had in the past dealing with raccoons. I actually had a raccoon jump out of my trashcan in broad daylight while I was opening the top of my trashcan! The same night I had a dream, the raccoons came to me as an animation which encouraged me to begin my series of writing these children’s fiction books.
4. What was the hardest thing about writing a series? I am continuing to write the series for the RaKKoon Gang, and I have not decided on how many books will be in this series. The hardest thing about starting this was to actually do it. I had to get the courage up to bring it to fruition and my conviction caused me to go forward with this idea.
5. What was one thing you learned about yourself while writing this book?
One thing that I learned about myself while writing this book is that I have the tenacity to be creative and I even have discovered my artistic ability to draw. It has allowed me to awaken my creative thoughts by bringing a personal experience to life. It showed me that dreams sometimes reveal something inside of you that you didn’t know was actually there.
6. Describe your book in one line.
This book is hilarious for children as well as adults.
7. What made you decide to write a children’s book? The reason I decided to write the RaKKoon Gang as a children’s book was because I was able to make light of a not-so-funny situation. Animating characters brings a softer side to critters that people tend to cringe about.
8. What advice do you have for aspiring children’s authors?
Follow your mind, be creative and never give up on your dreams.
9. Why did you choose to self-publish your book? I decided to self-publish my books because this allows me to personally express my creative ideas without interference or influence from others.
10. Where can readers buy your book?
They can purchase my book directly from my webpage nicosadams.com. There is a link for the hardcopy which is sold on Book patch http://thebp.site/310077, there is also an option for the eBook which is sold on Amazon.com.
12. Please share your website with our readers.
My website is nicosadams.com
Audra Russell is a blogger, freelance writer, and published author. She holds two undergraduate degrees in journalism as well as a Master of Science degree in Education. She also completed the Wesleyan University online Creative Writing Specialization course series.
She is an avid reader and writer’s advocate. Her passion for promoting the works of up-and-coming authors inspired her to create her podcast, Between the Reads, as well as her website, Read It Black to Me. Her debut novel, BLOOD LAND, was published on August 29, 2020, as her fiftieth birthday gift to herself. She lives in Maryland with her husband of more than 20 years, her 3 amazing children, a 12-year-old perpetual puppy, two dueling cats, and her lone surviving chicken of 8 years who she affectionately renamed Gloria (she will survive!)